Monday, February 14, 2011

DadDee


He's there when I'm lost, He's there when I cry
He's there when I do way more than a "TRY"

He's there when I smile, He's there when I laugh
He's there with my family, the REAL, STEP and HALF

He's there when I play, He's there when I work
He's there when I feel like I'm being a jerk

He's there when I'm sick, He's there when I'm well
He's there when I think I am going through hell

He's there at the park, when I see a bright kite
He's there in the shadows, I can see him at night

He's there when I toss, He's there as I turn
He's there as I'm thinking of all I could learn

He's there when I wake, always up in the skies
He's there as I see him through my own kids eyes

He's there when I'm silly, He's there when I'm not
He's there when I'm lying and afraid I'll get caught

He's there when I screw up, He's there when I'm proud
He's there when I feel like it's time to get LOUD.

He's there when I pray, He's there when I curse
He's there when I'm looking everywhere for my purse

He's there when I'm lonely, he's there when I'm sad,
He's there when this girl, just needs her own dad.

Happy Valentine's Day DadDee
-Crystal J. Wells 2/14/11

No comments:

Post a Comment