Monday, June 27, 2011

Introducing: " Rosa " ... The Marathon Maid


So, perhaps it's my depression medication (or lack thereof) that is giving me these fits of identity crisis. In any case- here's how I'm dealing with it...

Last night, I was exhausted- I had been up since 6am and I let my emotions get the better of me ALL day.

Call it an act of desperation, or another 'Crazy by Crystal'- I feel it was just Crystal being Creative. . . trying something 'new' on for size.

I got consent from Jim to have someone come over tomorrow and clean our house. Her name is Rosa. She's hispanic, fun and energetic... according to Jim, she loves to challenge herself by doing these 'marathons'. Her best ones are Laundry and Dishes. The most she can do in one day is 4 loads of each!

Pretty impressive, I thought- Jim seemed excited to meet her so a decision was made. For just 50cents an hour, she did 3 loads of dishes and 4 loads of laundry from start to finish.

Oh sure, she listened to her latina music station for the first couple hours of the morning, she spoke to my husband and the kids in her spanish accent and walked around the house in her short shorts and her low cut tank top. I could tell my husband was attracted to her but she remained VERY professional. (Only resting to fold laundry as she watched cartoons with the kids.)

I doubt she'll be back tomorrow because her two specialties were all caught up today. But who knows, maybe we'll have Judy come over- I hear she's REALLY good at cleaning floors! ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment